Thursday, July 3, 2014

Last minute 4th of July dessert.

Need an easy last minute 4th of July dessert? I had the idea to make meringues because I had some really delicious ones from Trader Joes recently. The recipe I found is actually a  from the McCormick website and they are wonderful! I decided to make them white and blue and pair them with a red plate for this lovely holiday.  Here is the link to the recipe:

The key to making your meringues is following the instructions carefully and use less food coloring than what the recipe calls for- a little goes a long way! Also, once you have mixed all the ingredients you must put the batter in a gallon ziplock with an icing head to squirt out like you are icing a cake. Make neat little stacks of the meringue batter and they will bake perfectly. I LOVE these sweet treats and they are light and airy perfect to go along with all of your outdoor grilling. 
Enjoy! 
xoxo, 
AC 

No comments:

Post a Comment