Sunday, March 23, 2014

Birthday Celebration.

Saturday night my family and I had a birthday celebration for my mom. I decorated a little bit for this party and did some floral arrangements which are my new favorite thing to do. I have gained a lot of respect for florist because floral arrangements are NOT easy- I have a lot to learn and mine are not anything close to the pros'. We got Chipotle catering and a cake from Delish- a wonderful bakery in Charleston. Please enjoy and maybe get a few simple ideas from this party:


I used the kitchen table as a buffet table: 
I highly recommend the Chiptole Catering- very reasonable priced and they give you it ready to serve:

 This cake was to die for. I had been without sugar for a while and waiting for this was worth it. The icing was the best . (It slid a bit in the car).
 Meet my latest pride and joy. I got the flowers from Trader Joe's and had the mason jar. 
The little branches are Curly Willow I also had. Looks simple but this took me way too long. 


We had 17 people (yes, my immediate family is huge) so there is not much room for decorations on my mom's dining room table so I did this arrangement with Quince I cut from the yard along with the flowers from Trader Joe's.  


Also made these fun tissue paper balls. They are my favorite party decoration. I will have to post a tutorial on how to make them because they are super easy to make. The purple mesh can be found at Michaels and it comes on rolls and in a lot of colors. 


Here are a few of my favorite little details:
I found this dragon fly wrapping paper at TJ Maxx and I'm obsessed. 

This red is fabulous.  

 There plates are actually Dixie brand paper plates but I thought they were super fun.
 If you know me you know I love yellow so I had to add in these cute plates and napkins that are Spritz from Target. 
I usually like to make my own signs with the cricut but when I found this sign at Target a few months ago I knew I needed it and would use it often and I do. 
Party, party!

And of course, Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother. She has inspired my creativity and love for decorating and crafting. 
Love you, Mom! 







1 comment: